Reduce project lifecycles, enhance client deliverables and improve profitability
Architecture and engineering consulting (AEC) firms are the most project-centric firms of any industry. That's why it's so important project management processes are optimized and under control. The challenges AEC firms face include:
- Resource planning and project initiation;
- Improving and standardizing work process, workflow management, information capture/retrieval/transmissions, and knowledge management/reuse;
- Better integration of project information across various systems;
- Human resource constraints;
- Schedule compression; and
- Greater software interoperability.
SCG can help you meet one or all of these challenges. We have experience with AEC systems, including BIM, CAD, Deltek and BST Global ERP systems, mobile and field data collection and analytical laboratory systems. We move the needle when it comes to:
- Consolidating systems for "straight-through processing" from the field or client site directly into databases and applications, project management portals and dashboards, and back-end systems;
- Reducing project cycle times and improving cash flow;
- Improving client deliverables;
- Reducing the number of errors and omissions, and improving data quality;
- Raising utilization rates, reducing write-offs and easing resource constraints; and
- Increasing flexibility to meet competitive pressures and changing marketplace conditions.
Improving project execution to enhance staff, project and overall business performance
You already know that the key to your growth and survival is increasing the number, size or type of projects your staff can take on. And in this industry, there's only one proven way to do that—better project execution. But that's no easy task. SCG President and COO Mike Anders tackled this tough topic recently at a monthly meeting of the ACEC of Minnesota.